Wednesday 10 August 2011

Where is this country going 2?

Given how angry I feel about the way things have gone I feel compelled to write a second part to this post.

The supposed mayor of London has finally arrived and unsurprisingly talking to the local residents in Croydon was out of his depth all I seem to remember is Boris and his broom.  I suppose David Cameron had to say something outside Downing Street but lets get real  how is there going to be proper justice done when the prisons are full and the root cause is not being addressed.

I hear rightful condemnation of this scum, but I also ask what is being done to prevent this developing further. Has it not been obvious for some time with the constant stabbings and shootings that have taken place that there are underlying issues.

I also wonder what the point is of having community forums when residents and citizens views don't seem to be taken account. In fact it seems like this is becoming a tick box exercise.

Have many of these policy makers or influential people ever had a chance to visit these deprived areas and have they bothered to listen to these residents properly instead of  pretending to listen and then ignoring the views.. There have been more mindless attacks in Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester, Liverpool and even in other towns including Cheltenham for goodness sake.

I along with many law abiding residents young and old all races are fed up with having our shops and services being denied to us because these scum have taken advantage of a vacum which has been left by a government which talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. All I have ever seen or heard from successive governments are sticking plaster solutions including ASBO's what the heck were they all about.

What also gets me is why senior bankers or politicians seem to get away or get light prison sentences for what I see is theft of ordinary tax papers money but yet if the ordinary public was to do the same they would get severe sentences.

Yesterday where I live in London there were shops and services closing at 6 p.m. because of advice to be careful. I ask what sort of country has been allowed to develop.

My heart goes out to the residents and small business owners who have lost everything because of moronic scum who have dumped on the doorstep. 

Apologies if this blog has gone in different directions but I am extremely angry that this ticking time bomb was allowed to explode.


No comments:

Post a Comment